Podcast Season 2 Episode 4
Title: Issue One
In this episode: Linux Voice magazine is now available throughout the UK and soon throughout the world. There are going to be Ubuntu phones this year. Linux Containers 1.0 has been released and the Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange runs into difficulty. We’ve got some great finds, a neuron and plenty of voices in podcast recorded in a large conference hall at the Manchester Raspberry Jamboree.
What’s in the show:
- News:Linux Voice has launched! Thanks to you for bringing us so far! Details of Canonical’s upcoming Ubuntu phones have been revealed. Linux Containers 1.0 has been released and Mt. Gox, the world’s biggest bitcoin exchange, has collapsed.
- Finds of the Fortnight:
- The first UNIVAC weighed 13 metric tons.
- One benefit of COBOL was that it bridged the gap between computer programmers and management, apparently.
- Vocalise Your Neurons:
- Thanks for sending your thoughts, Simon! If you’d like your neurons to be part of our next episode email email@example.com.
- Voice of the Masses: What can Linux users do to welcome XP users?
Presenters: Ben Everard, Andrew Gregory, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.