Podcast Season 2 Episode 9
Title: Trifon Ivanov
In this episode: Linus Torvalds is given another award. Yet Another Kernel Bug. Razor-qt and LXDE merge to create LXQt. Google may have to amend certain search results and a crowd funded open laptop hits its target. Plus! There are several rather excellent neurons and lots of distro-love in this episode.
What’s in the show:
- News:Linus Torvalds has been awarded the IEEE Computer Society’s Computer Pioneer Award. There’s a new privilege escalation bug in the kernel. A new version of the LXDE/Razor-qt mashup, LXQt 0.7, has been released. Google might need to amend some search results, according to a recent EU court ruling. Novena, an open hardware laptop, has reached its crowdfunding target. You can no longer legally watch Chris Hadfield’s rather excellent cover version of Bowie’s Space Oddity. And Canonical has launched its own ‘Chuck Norris Grade’ cloud service.
- Finds of the Fortnight:
- The launch of each Apollo rocket took approximately the same number of man/woman-hours as it took to build a pyramid.
- You can stop sending in photos of your shoelaces now.
- Levinux; a tiny version of Linux for education.
- Vocalise Your Neurons:
- Many awesome thanks to Phil and Omnivorous Implementer for this episode’s neurons. If you’d like your brains to be part of our next episode email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Voice of the Masses: What made you choose your current distro?
Presenters: Ben Everard, Andrew Gregory, Graham Morrison and Mike Saunders.
Theme Music by Brad Sucks.