After the success of issue 1’s audio edition, we’d like to ask for your help in creating audio recordings for issue 2. All you need is a microphone and a copy of Audacity!
The process is going to be similar to how we compiled our first issue. Briefly:
- If you’ve got a copy of issue 2 (it’s downloadable here, take a look through and see if there’s anything you’d like to record. If you’ve not got a copy, check out the Google Drive link below.
- Leave a comment saying what you’re going to record and we’ll mark it off on the list.
- Record your article(s) and save the output as Flac (this enables us to encode each recording more consistently). If bandwidth/space is going to be an issue, then ogg/mp3 is fine too.
- When you’ve finished your recording, let us know in the comments. If you’re happy with Google Drive, you can upload the audio to here: http://bit.ly/1siEN63.
- We’ll compile the recordings and post an update when they’re available.
Here’s a list of the main articles in issue 2:
Welcome, News/Opinion, Letters, Show reports (Graham is doing this)
Group test: text editors (Graham has recorded this)
- Interview: Carrie Anne Philbin, Clive Beale & Ben Nuttall
Munich switches to Linux (recorded by Stuart Langridge)
Spotlight on Young Rewired State (IanW is recording this)
FAQ: Docker (KentGeek is doing this)
Cloudadmin (IanW has done this!)
Learn how to file bug reports (Charles has recorded this already)
- Build a Raspberry Pi arcade machine
Make KDE even more awesome (Geddes has done this!)
Grace Hopper and the UNIVAC (Ray Benitez is recording this)
- Conquer UEFI
- Python: Building fractals
Key distribution explained (Stilvoid is recording this)
- Your first kernel module
- Using Filezilla and an introduction to SSH
/dev/random (Joe Ressington will record this)
As before, we’ve skipped over the news, distro updates, gaming and reviews as they’re a little out of date.
Issue 2 is going to be released CC BY-SA around Christmas time, and we’ll try to compile the audio edition for the same time.
Thanks again for all your help!